Monday, July 14, 2014

The Head

The Head is the most complicated and biggest file in the process.

I thought if I found the motivation to do the head I would know I had the motivation to do the whole breed - so that was were I started.

What I still knew from making breeds in the past was: Take care of the black! Every Pixel different than 0/0/0 will be shown.

I opened Photoshop again and thought about the fasted, safest and best way to apply the changes.
I created actions to coordinate the process.

The first action seperated the black background as a layer - keeping it safe - and saved the files as a .psd

The second one applied the color and the blue glow (I started with the female)

The third one inserted the star (a new one ..)

The fourth adjusted the size of the star - they differ now fron forehead to back.

Then came the actual work: placing the star at the right spot in the face, masking out the eyes in those pictures where they are open and give them their own color, getting pieces of the star out of the eyes and so on.. for many many pictures.

Then I realised that a dark blue mouth (when opened) doesn't look very good. I went back to all finished pictures and colored it over red.. it doesn't look like the original now, but at least it's not dark blue.

 Finally I got them done..


The star in the face doesn't look as good as the one in the concept.. but like I said I forgot to save the pictured :(

"Re-compiling" the pictures into the c16 I found I made a funny mistake.. the bmp format photoshop saved my work was different from the ones the sprite builder uses. The colors were all mixed up.
There was a little button saying something about inverting an order.. after checking it it all worked well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment