Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Headache and Results

Trying to inject the sprites to the game was hell.

After discovering that the 'Nornpose' programm for C3/DS (it's called differently I know :P) won't work on my PC the only thing left was to look at the results in the game itself.

Luckily I had the bodydata ready from the old files (yey!) and just copied the old breed into my files, overwriting it with the new adult female.

Aging up a sweet Norn called Ana.. gamecrash. Oh no.

So I took them out and put them in one by one. Every single one of the sprites had green spew - but thats solveable.

I found out it was the head file that caused the crashes.. and after hours and HOURS of trying to find the error, recompiling, trying almost everything possible I found out it was just some picture in the file that didn't have a true black background ....

...

At least it's working now.

Say hello to Ana!

Looking at the Norn ingame I realised that the stars on the body have to be much more dominant. They're almost unnoticeable!
The light stripes on the body have a nice effekt. I think I'll keep them.

While the spriteproblem yesterday gave me a big headache I thought a bit about the genetics I'll give to them.
The last time they didn't have something special, just the normal expressive CL genome.
But what about making them linked to light somehow? Like changing everything that has to do with 'Norn Home' to 'Light' (as they are both smells)?
Or make an agent that make them emit Light instead or besides Nornsmell? Though I don't know if that would have any effect ingame...

Next up: The Baby Female!

No comments:

Post a Comment