Friday, July 18, 2014

Progress and sideprojects

Right now I'm working on the baby female. I already finished the body using the same technique as for the adult body.. but a bit simplified. It has a bit more 'glow' in total now.

The head ist about to be finished.. All files with eyes closed are ready and with some experience it's done much quicker. The ones with eyes open still need all the eyes to get masked out but will be finished quickly after I did so.

Looking at the old baby I realised what was special about them was also these glowing eyes.. I'm thinking about giving them some sort of eye-glow now, too. Tried it with red today and made them look like demons *laughs*


---

Besides the spriting I'm trying myself on coding an agent that will go with them. It's a kind of star flower that will only grow in the dark but flower in light - so if I manage to make the Shiny Bengals emit the Light CA the flowers will only produce seeds when they are near, giving them a sort of exclusive food resource.
I already finished the seed vendor and the seeds, all working just fine. I have some sprites for the flower, too but none for the plant or fruit.
The fruit won't be the problem but I'm troubling with creating plantsprites that fit into the game. Unfortunally I have totaly no experience with 3D Modelling :(

 (The flowers.. or maybe fruits.)

---

What came to my mind today was using the unused 'hair' appearance gene also somehow, giving some Norns hair, horns or maybe an halo? :D It seems to be possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment