Monday, July 14, 2014

The Concept

I took a look at the old sprites I made.
Nothing special. Each lifestage had different colors, with the body and tailbase being colored different.
They are inverted - the eyes look horrible. There is a star 'printed' on each bodypart in the same place.

The female youth sprite has a ugly hole in her chest.. I wonder why I never fixed that.

I decided to start with the adult stage. Most 'space' for trying things out.

I opened Photoshop and adjusted colors.. put in some extra effects.. put in the stars..

and got this:  


Nothing spectacular.. but they weren't from the start, right? After all, they're meant to be Bengals. Shiny Bengals with stars and fancy colors! Nothing new with stars. We have the Astro Norns for that ;)

For a raw concept I found them alright, closed the document and saved.. and forgot to save the layers I used for the stars. Until now I still don't now what star image I used (from google picture search) and simply used other random ones :(

I collected the Bengal sprites from the game folder, extracted them and started working...

No comments:

Post a Comment