Monday, July 14, 2014

A long long time ago..

In a time, long forgotten.. well, not THAT long ago.
But let's get back to 2002.
I was a girl of 12 years and had just discovered some awesome games at our local game store - the Creatures Series!
I had much fun playing it - even though my friends couldn't understand what I liked about those games and eventually I found the big community that evolved around these games.
It seemed that it was possible to change almost everything about and inside of the games - it was quite fascinating.

So there was this thing they called 'Breeds' - a collection of images that could give the actual creatures in the game a whole new look.
As I started playing there already were a few made for the 3rd part of the series - so I decided to make my own!

But naturally as a 12 - year old my talents were.. minimal. So many things to do, to edit!
So I found a program that did most of the work for me. I took some colors, took a star, had no concept and created a not-so good looking breed: 

The Shiny Bengals 


- hosted today by Alien's Creatures World (Thanks for that!) -

Returning to the 'scene' after 12 years much had changed. There now were new, beautiful breeds. Norns with flowers, mermaid tails and wings and much more.

So I decided to finally do something about this lack-of-talent breed occupyng the Ettin Slot Z:

A recreation! I will reacreate shininess.

No comments:

Post a Comment